Gym workouts late in the evening - How to plan my 16:8 window?


Hi Reddit :)A quick summary before my question: I'm a 29 year old guy and I eat a pretty healthy diet. I work out about 2-3 times per week in the gym: weight training for keeping/gaining muscles. I also do about 2-3 morning 5K runs per week. This is to keep my cardio on an OK level + it feels good :)I'm a few days into 16:8 IF. I roughly work from 8.30 until 17.30 and I start eating around 11.00. Because of me and my friend's schedule, we usually can only make it in the gym by 19.30 (we finish our training around 21.00). There's no way I can hit the gym in the morning on 6.30 before work, the gym's not open at that time. But the way I'm fasting now, I have my last meal before my workout. That's fine by me, but it also means: no opportunity for a post-workout meal/shake.I'm doing IF to experience what the benefits are and I definitely don't want to lose muscle mass. What do you recommend me to do? Have BCAA's/Protein shake before training? Tough it out and only start eating by 14.00 so I can have my last meal at 22.00? I'm looking for a way to optimize my IF, so it's well suited for the goal I have: Not (or barely) losing muscle, but getting a better body composition. Looking forward to any help I can get :) via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2xpCfvk https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments