Please Help Me Push Through The Weirdness


Hi guys,I have been eating a keto diet since February of this year. My primary reason for implementing this WOE is for improved energy and cognitive function. I don't have a lot of weight to lose. 51 yo male 5'8", SW: 158 CW: 148. Roughly 15% body fat currently.I just do not do well with carbs. I was really heavy as a child, terrible diet with lots of refined foods. Extremely high carb, low fat vegetarian for almost 15 years, yada yada. For the last several years whenever I eat a high carb meal I just completely crash. I've been feeling much better with keto and would now like to introduce IF but I would love some advice.I have always felt like I need to eat as soon as I wake up. Literally within an hour of waking I will start to feel shaky and disconnected. I have always assumed that this is a hypoglycemic reaction but now that I am learning more about IF I'm beginning to wonder. I'm sitting here right now 11 hours in, sipping a cup of black coffee and I am feeling this way. I've been strict keto for about 5 months. There's no way this feeling is low blood sugar, right?I have been working on slowly pushing out my window towards 16:8 but it's hard for me to even attempt it during the week as it's difficult for me to do my job when I'm feeling this way. The little bit of rumbling in my belly is no big deal but this fuzzy, shaky mental state is hard to push through.Have any of you dealt with something similar? Is this just my version of hunger pangs? Any experience/advice is much appreciated. Thank you! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2tSe1oy https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments