So I had a realization last night (binging behaviors & IF)


I have a history of binging. As of recently, I’ve really struggled with not eating late at night (around 10-11pm after my parents have gone to sleep and I feel like I’m getting hungry again). I’ve been trying to eat a strict paleo-based diet, but I felt like my late night appetite was stifling my progress. So I started consistently committing to IF for the past week (after reading on this thread how successful it has worked for other people). I’ve been testing out 16:8, 18:6 and 23:1 over the last few days.Yesterday I was going to commit to another 23:1 fast, but ended up saying fuck it because of my crazy work schedule. I had my last meal at 10pm and there was even leftover Japanese cheesecake in the fridge..that I almost didn’t have, but then I did (bc I once again was weak and said fuck it). Btw it wasn’t as great as I thought it was going to be.Well right after that, I was totally satiated and ready to go in bed. And then bam, just like that my mind reverted to old habits — I was sitting in bed waiting for my parents to go to bed around 11pm bc my mind started wandering..thinking about my ritual late night snack.But as I was ready to head downstairs to get a snack (knowing how wrong it was), I had a realization. This entire week, I not once broke my fast to give in to the temptation of a late night snack. I don’t even think I thought about it at all. But the minute I had a little bit of sugar last night, my brain just flipped a switch.Currently reflecting on the fact that I totally have the mental willpower to push through a 23 hour fast, yet something so small like a sugary treat can totally reset that.Btw I didn’t end up eating that late night snack last night ;) via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2z3TuDo https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments