What is the perfect IF ratio and diet for building muscle?


So I hear all sorts of numbers, one video said doing OMAD raises your human growth hormones by 3000%. Another video that I just watched claimed that in a study, men fasting from a period of around 20-24 hours saw a 2000% increase in HGH. In any case, from what I've seen, you don't really get your HGH increase till way late into the fast.My concern is this: How do I get the maximum increase in HGH with intermittent fasting while also meeting my caloric needs as well? I hear some people consume 6000 calories a day for building muscle. I'm not excited about fitting that in a 4 hour window (assuming 20hr fast is necessary) I honestly am not sure how many I should consume a day. I've got a small gut, I'm not really concerned about losing weight, but enough so for maximizing gains in calisthenics (I'd like to one day do planche and v-sit). So I don't know if I want to eat at a deficit and drink a shit load of whey or eat a boat load?Where do carbs come into play? As far as I understand, carbs spike insulin right? So the more carbs your body processes, the less HGH you can look forward to? But then I learn carbs are important for building muscle. Which is the smarter sacrifice?I experienced what someone called a "fasting high" which apparently happened because I had eaten low carbs the day before? Hell, I'd have no problem giving up carbs if it meant feeling that fantastic with a razor sharp awareness 24/7. But if it requires giving up carbs, then am I screwing myself in gaining muscle? What's the most efficient choice here? What is the perfect IF ratio and diet? Is it possible to diet for the maximum possible muscle gains your body can produce while being able to maintain a "fasting high" throughout most of the day?Thanks for your time. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2N935eR https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments