I got good news today, and I owe it to this sub.


I'm a mid-40s, chubby in the middle, diabetic dad of three now-adult kids. A few months ago, my doctor told me that while I wasn't yet on insulin injections, I probably would be by the next visit if I didn't have significant positive change.In mid-July I finally decided, after lurking here dubiously for a few weeks, to give IF a go.I'm obviously not a fitness nut, just trying to get healthier with some manageable and maintainable behavior change. I haven't consciously changed what I choose to put into my body at all, really (I still eat stuff that I know isn't great), but I've just restricted myself on a strict 16:8 plan (1-9pm window).Six weeks in, and after a doctor visit today, I'm down nearly 20 lbs, my blood pressure is wonderful, my triglycerides are down significantly, my A1C has dropped from 8.1 a few months ago to 7.0 today, and my morning blood glucose readings are trending down dramatically (from 190ish a few months ago to 120ish this past week). My doctor was ecstatic, and I brought a chart I'd made with my year-to-date glucose readings trending downward.I pointed out the date where I started IF and the definitive decline indicated since, and she was excited all over again about a real case of IF working its magic independent of doctor's orders. She's very supportive and made me feel really good about my progress, and I just wanted to say thank you to this sub for giving me the poke I needed to get started.TL/DR: Six weeks into modest but strict/maintainable 16:8, and pudgy middle-aged guy is reaping large benefits with regards to diabetic condition/general health. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the existence of this sub. Just had to share. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2wE0jb9 https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments