Can't stop obsessing over food intake https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

As the title says I cannot stop documenting how many calories I eat everyday. I am not over or underweight but I still have issues with my body image.

I used to eat whenever I felt hungry and not unhealthy food, but actually good, whole foods (thanks to parents that cook) which I wasn't aware at that time isn't the case for everybody.

But one day I started noticing all the other girls in school counting calories and I thought I'd have to do it as well. So it started. I don't look ugly and generally have no other insecurities but I began feeling more and more uncomfortable in my body mainly caused by comparing myself to leaner girls.

So everything I ate was documented in my calorie-counting app. But soon I was noticing I didn't lose any weight (I was mantaining it in a healthy way) so I started cutting out on dinner (aka intermittent fasting) and could finally see the number falling on the scale.

But it didn't make me happy at all. I was constantly obsessing about food and planning what I would eat for my next meal. This hunger and craving for food made me more likely to overeat on some days of the week which made me even more unhappy. So I would fast half a week, not eating anything, which of course made my cravings even worse, repeating the whole process and eventually making me weigh more than before.

I am still living this way and I don't know what to do. I feel like it's destroying me and I desperately want to get back to when I was happily eating whenever I was hungry not obsessed about food or my body image.

Has anybody been in a similar situation or has a good piece of advice for me? Thanks.

TL,DR: I have become obsessive over food by cutting out on meals which made me very unhappy and hungrier than before. I am trying to find a way to get back to when I was happily munching and mantaining my weight.



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments