For those of you who want to reduce your salt consumption, my story may help https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I’ve always loved processed food and fast food and all that junk, which is why quitting all that overnight was a mammoth task. But I did it. And I told my gf(who thinks I add too much salt) that I would need time to get to her level of salt(she adds a lot less). That started a month ago.

Anyway, on days when she would cook, I’d take a bite and just get really disappointed and annoyed because I couldn’t taste a grain of salt. I know I signed up for this but hey, what the hell, lol. And I’d add salt to my food and continue eating. Finally I got tired of telling her to add salt. So about a week ago I refused to add salt because I was sulking and just ate the meal.

And here is where things changed. About a minute in, the salt was not an issue anymore. I was suddenly perfectly satisfied with the amount of salt. I thought it was because I was eating a dish I liked a lot. And then the next day, the same thing happened. A minute in, i was totally okay with the amount of salt. It’s been a week of less salt now and it was a HUGE eye opener.

I am sorry if this is unscientific, but maybe salt is the first thing we taste? Maybe that’s why I was unhappy right at the first bite. I can vouch for the fact that with chips and processed food, the salt hits you like a baseball bat. I was able to reduce the saltiness by about 50% just by being patient for the first one minute. And since then I’ve realized that I can taste a lot of the awesome natural ingredients,spices, flavors. And now I think snacks are ridiculously salty, man.

I wanted to share this with those of you looking to cut salt, in case you eat too much of it. You should, it’s really bad for you in excess. I hope this helps you guys. Take care :)



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments