Intermittent Fasting has given me my life back.


I’ve always been an overweight kid. I was told it was just baby fat at first and it would go away but as I aged my weight never normalized. I was overweight through my entire middle school years. In highschool I was at my worst. I graduated and hit my all time high of over 300.I’ve just kind of lived with it up to now. I had not a drop of self esteem. I was ashamed and shy so it was harder to make friends too. For twenty long years I was morbidly obese and just gave up. I didn’t think it was possible for me. I thought I was going to end up eating myself to death. I resigned to that fate.Then came the year I learned about intermittent fasting. At first it still seemed pointless because I knew I was just going to gain the weight back. I figured it can’t hurt to try. I started the plan. It was sort of tough at first because I really wanted to eat, but I found ways to distract myself from that feeling. Eventually my appetite started to lessen and at that point it just made it easier. I didn’t crave food like I did years ago. I kept with the plan and started genuinely losing weight. It didn’t seem like I was at first but I kept going with it. At some point I looked in the mirror and actually looked skinnier for once. My confidence started getting better and I didn’t feel as self conscious. Having more confidence has the side effect of making it easier to make friends. Overall I started at 300 pounds and this is still a lot, I know, but a few days ago I weighed 215 pounds. I lost 85 pounds over the last year. I’m still going and I hope to keep losing weight. Intermittent fasting genuinely gave me my life back. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/3aQOJy0 https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments