Insulin resistance and IF


Hello friends! I kicked sugar and was doing IF between October 2021 to February 2022. I lost 40lbs during this time and felt great. Unfortunately I gave it all up on vacation thinking I could control my sugar cravings and I now need to recommit myself to the plan. Even though I'm back on sugar I've only regained 3lbs! I'd love to get back to IF before gaining any more, though. In the meantime, I had some labs run at my endocrinologist's office with a PA and was informed that it looks like I have low levels of insulin resistance (blood sugar was perfect though).My endocrinologist wasn't there so I could only discuss with the PA who said that she does not recommend IF for insulin resistance. My endo is booked out for 5 months so I can't get his opinion. She recommended a dietician who told me during our appointment that intermittent fasting is horrible on the body and doesn't lead to weight loss at all. Now obviously I don't believe this as I lost 40lbs (she called that "luck") with IF, but it just goes to show how there is not much professional support out there for this lifestyle.With all of that in mind, can y'all weigh in on if IF has helped with insulin resistance? I'd love to get this under control before it becomes a problem but it's taken a bit of the wind out of my sails hearing that it won't help at all. Thanks for any help! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/g3teZVo https://ift.tt/ljwhCd5

Comments