Y’all, I almost cried in Cabela’s earlier today…


So I broke one of the main rules of IF, I didn’t take before pictures or measurements. I had already been doing low carb and exercise for awhile and losing some weight so I just kept on keeping on and just added IF to what I was already doing. I’ve monitored my weight daily with a scale to watch the trend to make sure I was continuing to head the right direction and I knew my clothes were fitting looser so I have been happily just doing my thing. When I started this journey I was 286 pounds, in a 40” pants and they were tight, and wearing a 2x shirt and some of those were snug if they weren’t cut properly. I ended up getting a few pairs of 38” pants with elastic in the waist when the 40’s started to get droopy.But today….today I had my realization moment.I went to buy a new belt…and since I now look like a homeless man wearing my loose fitting shirts I decided to just try a few things on and see what size I am now…not buy anything, just window shop for curiosity sake. I fit comfortably in a 36” pant. Like there was extra room and I still needed a belt comfortably. I couldn’t believe it…so I went and grabbed a couple XL shirts to try on. The first one fit well and hung loose. I couldn’t believe it! The second one fit snug and My first thought was I’m gonna have to be careful because the xl is gonna fit me like the 2x and depend on how the shirt is cut.And then I hung it back on the hanger and had my moment…the shirt was hung on the wrong hanger. The shirt was a size large! A fucking LARGE. I have went from a snug fitting 2xl to a snug fitting large!!!!! I had to sit down and take a moment to process this. I am ALMOST wearing a 34” pants and large shirt. I am 45 years old and haven’t been even close to that size since high school. I am feeling better, off the diabetes medication, off the cholesterol medication, my resting heart rate is lower than a couple months ago, I’m a whole new person. So THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone here who has answered my questions, given advice, and been my inspirations.I have a friend that has been trying for years to get me to run a Spartan or tough mudder run with him but I’ve always jokingly told him I’d die if I tried. I called him today and said let’s do it…we are planning to go run a tough mudder in July of next year so I’ve got a year to train. Hell yeah! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/VY7qQ6F https://ift.tt/wTEmxKJ

Comments