Is there a phenomenon with weird chicken flavor? https://ift.tt/6DZ9y8w

I’ve noticed this thing the last few years where, I love chicken when I make it on the spot, but no matter how I prepare it, if I try to reheat it the next day (eg meal prep for a to go lunch at school), it gets this very strange and gross flavor. The closest thing I can describe it as, is it tastes a bit like the smell of dog saliva. Again, no matter if or how I marinade it, whatever marinade I use, however I cook it oven or pan fry, etc — always happens when I make it.

The weird thing is, one time my old boss shared some chicken his wife made when I didn’t have any lunch one day and I had no problem with that. And when I eat precooked frozen chicken from packages (eg AppleGate), usually it’s fine though sometimes I still get that weird flavor, in a manner I can’t seem to predict too well.

For this reason outside the context of restaurants I’ve basically stopped eating chicken.

That said, it would be more convenient to add it back as I’m going for a fairly high protein diet and there are few things that pack its protein punch that I enjoy. (Not big on turkey, don’t eat pork, red meat/beef isn’t ideal for a daily driver, I can make tofu decent in flavor but its texture is a bit off putting to me, I really do not like lentils, and I can only have eggs so many days in a row lol).

So, if I can find a way to make chicken work if this is some sort of known phenomenon like cilantro, that would be awesome.



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments