Dr. Mindy Pelz credible?


I’m reading her book “Fast like a Girl” and I’m all into it. I’m buying everything she’s telling me. Then I started to think about OceanGate. His passengers believed him and believed they would be safe, dispite experts in the field giving out warnings. Then I wondered what experts in the medical field thought about this book, “Fast like a Girl”. Are Dr. Mindy Pelz’s findings consistent with the medical community? I asked ChatGPT and it said “some people praise her approach to health and wellness, and others criticize her for promoting pseudoscientific claims”. Then I remembered that LeAnne Rimes wrote the intro. The back of the book has reviews from a former race car driver, a CEO of The Fasting Method, a New York Times best-selling author (how rare /s), more authors and people who invented stuff (which isn’t as promising as I previously believed). Inside the book, I see two doctors leaving a review: Carrie Jones, ND, FABNE, MPH, head of Medical Education, Rupa Health. Zach Bush, M.D. Physician (Internal medicine, endocrinology, and Hospice Care).The rest are best selling authors. I would have to research who those two doctors are to make sure they’re credible. I could look up people who offer criticism, but then I’d have to research if they’re credible. Is there an easier way to find out if someone is credible?What tipped me off was she kept mentioning a YouTube channel, so I looked her up on Instagram and she sounds like the Tony Robison of fasting. So, now I’m wondering if I should waste time with this book? via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/FdSMATs https://ift.tt/RXEowNl

Comments