First week


45 year old male, 5’9 187 lbs. Used to be fairly fit in my 20’s, gained a gut over the past few years. Stepped on the scale a week ago and saw 187, the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life. Heard a lot about intermittent fasting and have been reading about it thought I’d give it a go. Started eating between 12:00 and 8:00 pm then fasting the rest of the day as well as focusing on eating smaller portions than I normally would and walking more. After 1 week I weighed myself and I was down to 179 lbs so 8 lbs in the first week. Decided to give a 48 hour fast a try to see what it was like and I’m now 46 hours in and actually feeling ok. I went through some moments of hunger but I’ve always been mentally strong (wife says stubborn) so I was able to push through without too much difficulty. Don’t really have a set weight in mind, but rather want to lose the gut and feel more healthy and fit. I’ve tried other diets that haven’t stuck. This feels more like a sustainable lifestyle change that I think I can stick with. Hopefully in a few months I’ll be well on my way.Still new and learning so any advice; fire away. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/JicN4vy https://ift.tt/Drmtv2g

Comments