Four Weeks of OMAD


Today marks four weeks of OMAD. I’m proud of my progress and want to share my experience so far.Stats:33/F/163cm (5’3)Start: 113.7kg/250lbsCurrent: 106.4kg/234.5lbs-7.3kg/-16lbsHere’s a detailed breakdown. I weighed myself every day—also some examples of what I ate.My first day was Wednesday, October 4th. Today is Wednesday, November 1st, in my part of the world. For the first few days, I struggled. I have a long history of binge eating, and I deliberately chose to have my daily meal right when I wake up in the morning (5 a.m. on weekdays, usually around 7 a.m. on weekends). I decided to have my meal at this time specifically because I don't like eating breakfast. I have tried OMAD in the past, and it always ended in me binge eating during my meal (lunch or dinner) and feeling miserable and defeated. I have had a lot of success this month with early meals, and I enjoy not having to think about food for the rest of the day. I do allow myself to take a bit of oat milk and honey with my tea throughout the day.As for exercise, I do gentle yoga 1-2 times per week. I walk my dog every day for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. I am a teacher, so I am on my feet most of the day at work. I walk to and from work, about 15 minutes each way. My goal in November is to start incorporating strength training into my schedule.Some challenges I’ve had this month:Knowing how much I need to eat. In the beginning, I tended to overeat. I would fill myself to capacity, thinking that I needed to eat as much as possible so I wouldn’t be tired/hungry later. By around week 3, I wasn’t hungry in the mornings anymore and struggled to finish meals. I actually did a 48-hour fast randomly in the third week just because I woke up, wasn’t hungry, and wanted to see if I could. I typically round out at about 1,100~ calories per day, which is low, but physically and mentally, it feels like a good place for me.Constipation. I eat mostly unprocessed foods and include high-fiber foods in every meal, but I still feel backed up.Social life. I haven’t been out for dinner and drinks all month. However, I have gotten great at politely declining food at the office!Low energy and mental fog. This went away by week 2, and I feel much more alert and sharp than before OMAD.I’m no chef, and I tend to eat the same thing every day. Eggs, whatever veg is on sale at the supermarket, oats. I haven’t eaten much processed food this month because I try to be strategic about my calories, but nothing is off the table.I can feel the difference in how my clothes fit and see a bit of fat loss in my face, but the changes are small so far. I’m excited to see my progress in the next few months. I feel like I’ve found a weight loss cheat code.​ via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/opBVFl5 https://ift.tt/SrUEmXf

Comments