Back again and need to get it together!


I’m a 28F, 5’1 and currently at 178 pounds.I began intermittent fasting in February this year, starting at 183 pounds. I did 17-hour fasts, increasing my water intake with electrolytes, and managed to reduce my daily calorie intake from 1,450 to around 1,300.Throughout all of this, I significantly improved my back issues. With the help of an online personal trainer, I included light, 20-minute workouts with dumbbells into my routine, which helped me strengthen my back muscles. I was proud to see my weight drop to 168 pounds by the end of May – a first in my life.As is always the case, life started kicking in. In June, I faced a layoff from my online teaching job, then shifted my focus and successfully landed an in-person teaching position. Soon after, a family emergency and a major car accident disrupted my workout routine, slightly aggravating my back issues for a short period of time. Needless to say leading to a regaining of nearly all the weight I had lost.I’m determined not to return to where I started this year. The back pain and limited mobility I experienced then are something I refuse to go through again. Currently, my energy levels are low, largely due to my diet and the exhaustion from work.As I plan my comeback, I’m considering a 16:8 intermittent fasting window and aiming for a 1,450 calorie deficit, based on the Calorie Calculator’s suggestions. My main goal is weight loss, as it’s the key to improving my back health and overall energy. I’m also revisiting my vitamin regimen and adjusting it in hopes that it’ll help with the fatigue. Where my back is concerned, I am in regular contact with my doctor. I guess this first post is my first step towards recommitting myself on this health journey again. My hope is that if I decide to use this community at my means of accountability that it’ll help me on my way towards a healthier lifestyle. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/3TXaYZB https://ift.tt/9eLqjOy

Comments