Confused


I am a bit confused by what I have been reading from Dr Jason Fung vs some of the advice shared here. In the Obesity Code and many of his YouTube videos he spends adequate amounts of time discussing why CICO doesn’t work. To generalize, he says that lowering one’s calories causes the body to slow down. It tells itself that it is not expending as much energy and that the body will always try to get to homeostasis. This leads to yoyo weight loss that is not sustainable. He continues to say that weight loss is more about insulin levels (so what one chooses to consume) and when one chooses to consume (hence fasting for weight loss and autophagy). I have not been counting calories, but have altered my diet to consume less carbohydrates and eat within a 6 to 8 hour window. I have lost 11 pounds since the beginning of the year. I have no idea whether I am eating for my weight, height, age, etc al but am simply following Fung’s advice. Am I missing something here? Can someone share scientific info a la Dr Fung or other doctors/scientists regarding CICO that is new, studied information? via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/MwrBYLl https://ift.tt/RQ5m72v

Comments