Why are there so many conflicting beliefs and ideologies about fasting on reddit?


So I did OMAD yesterday and only ate like 700 calories in between 19 hour fasts. This wasn’t on purpose I don’t dictate my fasting based on calories. I just wasn’t hungry to eat more after an early dinner.Despite drinking salt water (I admit I didn’t have potassium on hand). I felt kinda dizzy today after doing another 19 hour fast after that meal.I went on r/omad asking if 700 calories was too little and maybe my body wasn’t used to fat burning mode yet, and people on there didn’t know what I was talking about and started downvoting me, saying I was starving myself. But I wasn’t hungry, very common occurrence from fasting…how am I starving myself?I asked about electrolyte intake and people were like “why do you think that would work if you’re not eating enough? What do electrolytes have to do with anything”?I then asked about extended fasts and people were like “why would you do that?”.Basically got downvoted even though these r/omad people were also technically fasting like doing 22/2…right? They had to be doing 22/2 or maybe 20/4. I’m so confused why the ideologies between subs are so different. Am I missing something here?I’m only trying to learn but Reddit is so whack. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/CVKNjqo https://ift.tt/tq1Fjc4

Comments