4 years IF, but for the first time, I'm trying to lose weight, and it's really working


I started IF about 4 years ago, when I also quit drinking regularly. I lost weight right away, mostly, I think, because I wasn't drinking beer. Over the next 4 years I stuck with IF because I think it's a healthy eating routine. Daily, 18:6. My diet was mostly good, but with too much sugar. I have a sweet tooth. This year, I decided to quit most sugar, reduce my calories, and try to lose gut weight. And I've been extremely surprised how easy it has been. I have lost a considerable portion of my body fat; I don't even know how many months it took because I haven't really noticed much change or challenge. It hasn't been this easy in the past.I think the reason is that my body does ketosis well now, and I'm completely comfortable with the feeling of being "hungry." When I'm eating, I eat. And when I'm not eating, I don't really think about it. I just thought I'd share my story: Practicing IF for it's health benefits first, and then later making a choice about weight loss, was a useful road to change for me. And I do mean change, these are life habits and I like them. I even like eating more. Dinner at my house is no joke. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/5CtI1LZ https://ift.tt/ORgabk4

Comments