Feeling a bit disheartened..


I've been intermittent fasting for a month now.. Weekend's I don't do it as much. Minimum 18 hours fast on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.. I've even done a few 22 hours fasts, just because I got busy and didn't feel the need to go and eat straight after 18 hours, so I stretched it.During my fast, I do drink black instant coffee, and I have a few of them during the day (during the fast).I haven't been eating exorbitant amounts of sweets during my eating window, I haven't been drinking soft drink (something that used to be a problem).Anyway, I'm not seeing any results on the scales. I haven't been able to drop 1 single kilogram the entire time.. This morning I didn't want to jump on the scale, because I felt bloated, I didn't expect a good result, and I didn't get one. This past week I even went for 3 6km walks. If nothing else, I'm definitely in a caloric deficit after what I do eat during the window.My wife tries to reassure me that maybe my body has just been trying to hold on to everything, perhaps in starvation mode or something, but surely not after a month of consistent 5 day fasting?I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if IF isn't supposed to work for me via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/sKrByl6 https://ift.tt/q8Cn0JU

Comments