Don't disregard discount grocery stores! Can be great for eating cheap and healthy :) https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I just walked out of my local Price Rite store with the following for just over $50 (for reference, I live in the US, in Massachusetts, non-rural):

  • 16 oz (large container) of spring mix
  • 4 tomatoes on the vine
  • 2 large cucumbers
  • 5 Vidalia onions
  • 2 giant yams
  • 8 bananas
  • 3 lbs of clementines
  • 1 small container of grape tomatoes
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 lb carrots
  • 1 lb bag of raw cashews
  • 2 cans pinto beans
  • 1 can small white beans
  • 1 can dark red kidney beans
  • 1 can light red kidney beans
  • 2 29oz cans of crushed tomatoes
  • 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 14oz can of stewed tomatoes
  • 2 lbs bag of Jasmine rice
  • 1 package Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie burgers
  • 1 8-pack of Martin's potato rolls
  • 10 slice pack of cheddar cheese
  • 1 small jar of roasted red peppers
  • 1 bag frozen peas
  • 1 bag frozen baby lima beans
  • Very large container of curry powder
  • 2 packets of chili seasoning

$50. Granted, I don't eat meat, but still, this is enough food for me for over a week, I'll actually need to freeze some of the chili and my Indian rice dish.

Only thing I wanted and couldn't find today was golden raisins.



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments