Realization of my shocking amount of boredom snacking


Full disclosure, I'm just one week into my IF journey here.For the last few years I've known, but have done nothing to address the fact that I'm a mega boredom eater.I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1/2 my daily calories were from midday and post-dinner snacking. Working on the road has meant a lot of really poor gas station snacks. Countless nights in hotels equaled a ton of vending machine meals well after dinner was over.I've decided on a 18:6 regimen eating between 12:30pm and 6:30pmClosing the gap between meals (I do a small lunch and a "normal" dinner) has also reduced my midday munchies to a few cheese and crackers at the most.But the evenings are where I've become so, so aware of my worst habit. No more Lunchables after an entire dinner. No ice cream. No breaking out the popcorn maker. No more beer and wine (though I still will indulge occasionally if it's pre-6:30pm cutoff).More changes to make for sure. But I figured cutting out everything at once was not the right way for me. I've lost a good deal of weight in high school (I'm 36 now) so I do know I'm capable and roughly where I'd like to be weight-wise.This is such a manageable lifestyle for someone like myself who travels extensively for work. I've tried other ways in the past, which definitely had some success. But trying to manage with very specific foods in very small towns without the ability to bring your meals or cook away from home was frustratingly difficult.I'm already sleeping better not stuffing an extra snack or two in my face thirty minutes before bed. Tonight I even tried baking some brownies to keep in the freezer and managed to not even try and lick the bowl. If you knew the old me, I'd have left a 1/2 cup of batter in there to eat while they cooked. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/3jxauqN https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments