Protein Shakes Pre-work out vs fasted workout?


I'm not sure this is the right sub for this but here goes. So I generally keep an 8 hour eating window (or less) and can usually fast till 4 pm. The problem is i go to Orange Theory 4 times a week at 530 in the afternoon and its hard for me to stay fasted till after my work out. If i break fast with a protein shake around 4/430 and work out at 530, how would that effect my overall work out? When i go on the weekends i am able to work out fasted and i love how i feel after but I find myself feeling very light headed if i stay fasted till 530 and try to work out. i wanna get the most out of my workout, some research ive read suggests that consuming protein before working out helps maximize EPOC (which is the whole thought behind the OTF program) but i've also read a ton of research on the benefits of working out fasted. It all over whelming and i'm trying to figure out the best way to approach this. Can anyone offer any advice? Does it really not matter what i choose to do? How do you IF and work out? Thanks in advanced (: via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2pSrcnj https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments