I'm actually noticing results, and I'm almost in tears over it.. IF has changed my life


Hey there! So I'm still pretty new to this, only about a month, of true commitment to the fasts into this.. honestly if even that much, it could be two weeks, I haven't really kept trackI've been overweight since childhood, I've never known the feeling of having a flat stomach or being in good shape, I picked up smoking, drinking, drugs, all that stuff back in high school and stuck with it for a decade, even to this day I'm still taking Subutex for opiate addiction management, and I still smokeI've quit drinking, but in it's place I picked up a nasty soda habit, I would seriously drink 12-24 a day, for years. I'm extremely lucky I didn't end up diabetic, because it basically replaced water for meWell In starting this, I obviously needed to change that, it would be that I would get up at 4am, drink my coffee, then immediately switch to a soda on the way to work, I would drink them like nothing throughout the day, I would also be INCREDIBLY groggy, low energy, grumpy, and feel like garbage every single morning wanting to puke my guts outSo I looked for alternatives that are fasting friendly, and had a realization, that I don't care about the sugar or sweetness, I just enjoy carbonated beverages in generalSo I looked into it and found that tonic, and stuff like it, lightly flavored, absolutely no sweetener natural flavors tonic, and just good ol plain tonic, is effectively just as good as regular water to the body, the biggest concern being acidic flavorings not being good for your teethSo I opted for plain old tonic, and broke this life threatening habit with a soda addiction, and In the process, my work performance has skyrocketed, I feel much much much better in generalAnd the biggest one, I've started losing real weight between dropping the pop, and the fasting.. I'm actually seeing real results I've never seen in my entire life, like for example not since I was a child, have I been able to suck my stomach in past my ribs, my gut has just been too big, but tonight I realized I can again, and actually incredibly far, my manboobs are so small they are no longer totally round and perky like they used to be (weird thing for a guy to say I know, but it's hard to explain exactly what I mean, they are much smaller)When I decided it was time to make a change, I had just been weighed and measured for a work health check-up, at 6 ft 3in, and 300lbs on the dotSince that day I am down to 275.I would love to give you before and after pictures at this point of success, because it feels so huge to me having dealt with this my entire life, but unfortunately out of shame, I never took the beforeBut tonight I did, because I feel genuinely good about what's happening to me, I feel better about how I look, and I feel for the first time in my life, that I'm actually succeeding at this thing that has plagued me my entire lifeI hope to come back to you guys, in a month or two with even better results and actual picture comparison, but for now, I just wanted to say thank you, this community has changed my life, and has made me feel confident I can pull myself together enough, to actually enjoy my son's life and see him truly growA few months ago, I would have told you I'd be shocked if I made it past 30 my life was so completely in ruin, and somewhere deep down I honestly wanted to die, because I've had a real awful run of things from an abusive neglectful childhood without my real father, to severe substance abuse issues where I nearly lost my life, to having a child with a serial cheating narcissistic borderline sociopath, who I ignored a collection of red flags from, that would make a Vexillologist jealousFor the first time I can remember, my life is genuinely looking up, and I have you all to thank for itSo thank you so much via /r/intermittentfasting http://bit.ly/2X9rdmh https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments