Down 13 lbs in 2 months and breaking food addictions.


Hi all!IF was challenging for me, but it's FINALLY become easier.I am 5"8 and started at 156 lbs and am down to 143 lbs. Goal weight: 125.I started low carb 1.5 months before beginning IF, and though the weight was initially stubborn, it suddenly melted away. Low-carb, high-protein has been shockingly easy for me, and I credit that dietary change to my ability to stick with IF.I've been an emotional eater all my life and hated feeling controlled by food. I would use it as a reward, to self-soothe and entertain myself. I've been working through many personal issues, and taking away my biggest source of comfort has helped me face things I wasn't able to face in the past. It's like killing two birds with one stone (terrible saying, lol). I also did some work around the memory of a time in my life when I really hated my body. It was similar to inner child work in which I "visited" this past me and gave her a hug and loving words she couldn't give herself. A huge shift happened for me after this, and it's when I started to see a big change in my weight.I want to send out some words of encouragement to anyone struggling with IF - don't give up because this really works!! And it feels incredible to control what you put in your body and when. If you are struggling with results or struggling with beating food addictions, don't ignore the mental health stuff that might be blocking you.Thank you for this sub! It's been a positive part of my journey. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/45szOtu https://ift.tt/v8c2maF

Comments