6 Weeks Ago, I was over 200 lbs for the first time in my life. Today, I’m closing in on 190.


For reference: Height - 5’10”. Age - Late 20s.A doctor’s visit six weeks ago for a routine physical shocked me when my doctor told me my weight. I was baffled. I would have never thought that I would not only hit the 200 lb mark, but go over it by a decent margin.That was the day I decided to really get into IF. I started doing OMAD (eat around 11AM or 12PM). I’ve cheated and done 18:6 fasting on some days, but stuck to OMAD for the most part. I haven’t been sticking to a strict diet or doing any gym work. I’m just calorie counting and going on walks almost everyday. It’s been pretty easy. If I start getting hungry, I usually just drink water or snack on some dried fruit or nuts.By week 3, I could feel the jeans getting looser, and my belt wasn’t holding them up anymore. However, cynical-me just thought that I stretched out my jeans to a point where they were too loose.Today, on week 6, I went back to my doctor to get checked on a sore throat, which has been ailing me for around a week. Just wanted to make sure nothing serious was going on. When I got called in, the nurse took me to get weighed. When it was time to step on the scale, I kept my eyes locked towards the wall in front of me. I never like looking down at the numbers on the scale. It’s frightening! After stepping off the scale, I will admit, I peeked. I thought I saw a 19x.xx, but thought nothing of it. My eyesite ain’t great, so maybe I saw it incorrectly.My doctor came in to the room a few minutes later to check on me and my sore throat. After the check, we caught up on things and that’s when she asked if I’ve been dieting. I asked her why. She said I dropped a significant amount of weight. Almost to 190, even! I couldn’t believe it. I knew IF was a great method for weight loss, but this good? Damn! I feel great!I’m going to keep this IF going. I can’t wait to hit 190 and then start working my way down towards 180. Hoping to get down to 160 by sometime next year. I just feel SO DAMN GOOD! I hope everyone else on IF is feeling the exact same!TL;DR: IF works. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2olZyP4 https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments