Am I doing something wrong? Three 36-hour fasts a week. 5' 0" - SW: 144lbs | CW: 140lbs | GW: 120lbs


Hi all,I love this sub and it has been a great source of useful information for me thus far. I'd love to bend your collective ear and get some advice, if possible.For most of my life, I weighed between 125 - 130, but I have a pretty big butt and some decent muscle, and I was always in pretty good shape despite an irregular workout schedule and pretty poor eating habits. It wasn't until I moved from NY to Los Angeles three years ago that I started piling on the weight (having to drive everywhere, etc). I moved back to New York last year at my heaviest (150)... I began intermittent fasting, just to change my relationship with food and I really love it. I have been operating on 16/8 most days since, with a random 24 hour fast thrown in every so often.A few months ago, I got engaged (yay)! and I realized that if I wanted to get married in a year, I absolutely wanted to get back in shape. So I've ramped up my efforts in the last few weeks and I'd love to get a temperature read on how everyone thinks I'm doing. Here we go:I work out with a personal trainer three times a week (1 day of strength training, one day of cardio, one day of strength training). I just don't have it in me to exercise enough on my own, and I never trust my form enough to really give it my all, anyway.My maintenance calories are 1,769/day or 11,000 a week. In order to lose two pounds a week, I would have to eat 5,460 a week, and in order to lose one pound a week, I would have to eat 8,400.I've been aiming to eat about 1200 calories a day -- however, I really struggle to keep to 1,200 a day, and so I mostly count my calories weekly (eat a little less one day so I can eat more the next). Honestly, I would prefer to be lower than 1,200 a day because I would love to lose 2 lbs a week, especially as we have an engagement photoshoot coming up the first week of October in Paris. The last few weeks, in order to eat the limited amount of calories I need to eat to reach my goals, I have been doing two or three 36 hour fasts a week. I don't do these fasts on the days that I work out, because I just find I like working out a few hours after eating something with some protein more than I like working out in a fasted state. Generally, I really enjoy the fasts because they allow me to eat about 1,500 or so calories on the days that I eat, and my weekly average is still within acceptable weight-loss range.The fasts look something like this each week:Fast Sunday night at 11PM, until Tuesday at 3PMEat Tuesday at 3PM, stop at 11PMFast Tuesday at 11PM, until Thursday at 3PMEat Thursday at 3PM, stop at 11PMFast Thursday at 11PM, until Saturday at 3PMEat Saturday at 3PM, stop at 11PMEat Sunday at 3PM, stop at 11PM​Here are my stats the last few weeks:Wednesday, August 15:Weight: 143.8 lbsArm Measurements: 11”Waist Measurements: 32”Hip Measurements: 38”Thigh Measurements: 24”M - S Weekly Calorie Limit: 5460 (for two lbs a week) - 8,400M - S Weekly Calories Consumed: 7,000—Wednesday, August 22:Weight: 140.6Arm Measurements: 10.5”Waist Measurements 31.5”Hip Measurements: 37”Thigh Measurements: 22”M - S Weekly Calorie Limit: 5,460-8,400M - S Weekly Calories Consumed: 5,500—Wednesday, August 29:Weight: 140Arm Measurements: 10.5”Waist Measurements 30.5”Hip Measurements: 36”Thigh Measurements: 21.5”M - S Weekly Calorie Limit: 5,460-8,400M - S Weekly Calories Consumed: 4,000 **week isn't over yet, so this will go up by EOD SundayI usually feel really good throughout my fast days, but today has been pretty difficult (lethargic, brain foggy, and just want to eat everything, even though I haven't broken yet). I just want to make sure that I'm not eating toooo few so that I won't actually end up losing or suffer other unfortunate consequences that I've read about but don't actually know too much about. I do use LyteShow Electrolite supplement added to my water on fast days, and that seems to really help.I really just want to get down to like 130 before my photoshoot, then I'll probably do two 36 hour fasts instead of three until I reach my goal weight. Once I get to maintenance, I will probably only do one 36 hour fast a week, just so that I can always afford to just go a bit over the daily amount. I really enjoy the fasts most of the time, and I think it could genuinely be a great way for me to keep my weight under control, while still being able to eat pasta and french fries, lol. Would love to know if you guys know something I don't however.​Thank you all in advance! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2NCBUcl https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments