First month of IF and keto, 11lbs down!


H: 5'3, SW: 213lb, CW: 202lb, GW: 121lb My BF% has dropped to 46.7% from 49.4%.Formerly a size 2 that's now a solid size 12-14 from years of inactivity, depression, binge-eating PCOS and generally sitting on my ass all day. I've been lurking here and getting lots of help for a wee while and thought I'd post my progress and ask some questions! Any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated.I started trying out keto and IF around the 6 Aug but only started doing it properly on 13 Aug - so it's been just under a month.No idea how I've never tried IF before because my natural eating patterns align with it (I dont like to eat often or until much later in the day). Started out on 16:8 but within a week, naturally started doing 18:6. I've also done a few 20:4 days this last week. I find IF sustainable so far and frankly, I love it. I think it makes me think about food less and so far, I have not had any terrible experiences on it. I think I could possibly try going OMAD - if it would help hasten weight loss? Or any other schedule that may be better!Also, I'm not sure if my weight loss is too fast or too slow. I've been weighing myself daily and it feels like its been a steady pound or two dropping daily. Tbh the only reason I'm concerned is I don't really want to get loose skin if I lose weight too fast (because that seems to be a thing).Related to that, I've not really incorporated any exercise into my schedule yet... but I've heard strength training helps maintain muscle. Tried to do 30 minute daily walks atleast but it has been far from consistent so I'd say I'm basically sedentary (grad student that's researching most of the time). Should I try harder to incorporate exercise? If so, what type and how often (bare minimum will suffice lol)?I've also tried to stick under 1200 calories daily but I'm finding its hard to reach that most days now (especially the days my eating window is very small). I sometimes go as low as 600 calories. Is that okay to do? Used to get told a lot of horror stories about "starvation mode".Quite happy with how this is going so far - just wanting to check that my progress is "normal" and get any help on how to improve things if I can! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2N7uVuR https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments