How to stop my food aversion? https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

All my life (except when I was a baby) I've been a picky eater. Every time I eat a food I don't like my gag reflex kicks in and I feel like I have to barf. The only fruits I can eat are apples, and the only veggies I can eat are potatoes. I want to improve my diet but I can't eat healthy foods because of this.

I know smoothies are an option, but I feel it's only a temporary solution.

It's the texture, mostly. To me, most vegetables have very dull tastes so I know that's not the issue. Sometimes when carrots are in soup I'll be able to stomach them.

But like, one time I tried to eat an orange. I love the flavor it's great. Except after one bite I just felt my gag reflex kick in. The juice was really tasty but I just couldn't finish one slice.

I'm kind of at a loss here. I'm not sure what to do, I really want to be able to eat salads because I'm a terrible cook and they're easy to prepare, but every time I bite into lettuce I don't want to eat it.

Should I try to build up a tolerance? I was originally like this with mint, but I built up a tolerance over the years because of toothpaste and all that. I don't know really what to do.



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments