My best friend (38M) just died of a heart attack... I'm (38M) next.


As per title. My best friend from age 5 years old just died of a heart attack. He had a family history of heart disease, but 2 weeks ago, totally unexpectedly, he had a massive heart failure while he was at home. The autopsy showed that his heart was almost completely blocked - nothing could have saved him, short of an operating theatre in house.He was young, quite fit - definitely not overweight. He did smoke (reasonably heavy), and he lived a very bad lifestyle in his mid 20's, but he ate well and was fit and strong. So it was extremely surprising and shocking. And a wake up call.At his funeral, I spoke. I just watched a video of my speech from the funeral and I came to the realisation - I'm a fat bastard. I wouldn't call myself hugely overweight, but I'm on the way. I'm 110kg and 185cm height.After the funeral, a good friend, over several drinks - gave me a long lecture. He flat out told me to lose weight, or I'd be next. He's had experience as a personal trainer, so I listened (plus he said he would kick my ass if I didn't listen). I've got a young family, and I'm now terrified at the thought of my kids growing up without a father, or a father who cannot play games or have fun with them.So today, I started.4km hike in 41mins. Goal is to get that time down to approx 20 mins. Tonight, I'll start IF on a 16/8 schedule.Goal is to get down to 85kg, or ~95kg if I hit the gym and bulk up muscle. Here we go. Wish me luck. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/2YEhW90 https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments