18:6 vs 20:4


Hi everyone! I've been doing IF for about a week now, starting with 16:8 and progressing to 18:6 (because I noticed I usually wasn't hungry after lunch). I've lost 3kg (6.6 pounds) so far, and I've been thinking about doing 20:4 during the week and 18:6 during weekends - since I still live with my parents and not eating anything besides breakfast and a snack would definitely freak them out, but I feel like I can do it easily during the week. What's the pros and cons, is it much harder to skip 2 full meals (because I'm usually stressed out about being able to cook and eat lunch in time before my 18h fast starts), will I lose even more weight, what are the benefits of fasting 20 hours instead of 18? Give me your experience with 18:6 vs 20:4! Also, how do I maintain my weight after I've reached my desired goal? I don't want to keep losing weight after that.Questions I might get asked: - My goal is to lose about 12kg (26 pounds) and then maintain that weight (59kg or 130 pounds) - Before I even started IF I was already doing 12:12, so it was pretty easy to start with 16:8, and I noticed my hunger and cravings going down like crazy, it's been amazing - The only "side effect" I noticed was waking up with my heart beating at around 120bpm, but once I started 18:6 that went away - Sadly I don't exercise much, usually just walking a little every day (and by "a little" I mean like maybe 500m/1km max) via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/3mh7ZYu https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments