IF just clicked for me


I've been struggling with my weight all my adulthood (after I quit high school sports) and have tried every diet and lifestyle change out there.I've been loosely IFing since January - I say loosely as I had a lot of cheat days and I was still overeating, I just restricted my overeating to a 8 or 6 hour window.So I tried a day of 20:4 and it was hard, but I did another day of 20:4 and it was hard, then I inadvertently did a 22:2, and it was less hard. Day after day it got easier and easier. I was still not making the best food decisions, but even if it's crap, there's only so much you can eat in 2 hours. Slowly my appetite went away. I started making better food choices, and when I make bad ones, I'm not craving monumental portions. I feel like it just clicked. I'm pretty stuck on a 2-4 hour eating window as I find that easier than a longer one (I feel less hungry than as a longer eating period). I put excess food in the garbage instead of eating it, and I don't feel pressure to clean my plate. I do have 1-2 cheat days a month, but I am not really really cheating now. I've lost 14lbs in about a montThank IFers for being supportive and sharing your stories and success! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/3kvSz2x https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments