How are regular people suppose to reach their maintenance caloric count while eating clean? https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hello there,
Just a little background: I've been on a variety of different diets (intermittent fasting, keto, omad, vegetarian, etc) and i usually do them to the strictest possible level to maximize results. One thing I've never done is count my calories. I just knew what food groups to target and chose recipes that use those food groups.
So most recently i was shedding some extra weight with keto+omad, got to a comfortable weight, and, to continue losing weight at a more healthy pace, I decided to switch over to low-fat carb diet for a change. To assist myself, i got a scale and began using a calculator to count my nutrients. I am 6 foot, 95kg male, 27yrs, exercising 2-3 hours a day 4-5 times a week. My maintenance caloric intake is around 2700-3000 calories depending on a calculator you use. Right now, while eating as clean as possible 3 times a day with fruit snacks inbetween, i am barely scratching half way point for caloric intake. Over the past 2 weeks, today was the highest caloric amount, 1822 calories to be exact, with 218g or carbs, 118 grams of protein, and 51 grams of fat (while on keto i was hitting around 1400 calories with 160+g of protein and 100+g of fat).

So my question is: how are regular people suppose to reach their maintenance caloric count while eating clean and being quite physically active? or that's just not a thing unless you are a bodybuilder? I know that not all calories are the same, calories in =/= calories out, etc, etc, but I am just curious if someone could give me some insight on this.

I know that on paper I've been in severe deficit for a long while so my body got used to it (which is why i am trying to fix that now), but that's just absurd how much more I'd have to eat to reach those "normal" levels.

Thanks in advance and I am sorry if this was answered before. Please link me the post that may have explained this already.



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments