Question on California P65 warning labels on food https://ift.tt/gSjuHer

I live in the Midwest (US) and when I cannot recall the last time I saw a California P65 warning on any food in mainstream, US grocery stores like Walmart or Krogers.

Yet I often see it on imported foods, especially those from China in Asian supermarket, and occasionally on Japanese packaged food too. Usually it warns you about lead or cadmium but when you read the ingredients it all looks normal, nothing artificial.

I wonder why that is. Is it because imported food are truly less safe than US produced food? Or is it because I'm not in California and US food makers only label their products sold in California, whereas foreign food makers have to label everything as they cannot control which states their food end up at?

So I wonder, have you seen any such labels on US made food? Are they more frequent in California?

Thanks



goo.gl/FXiP5V

Comments