Who do you tell about your fast? How do they react?


I've been at it for a little over a month with 16:8, and I feel like the social aspect is helping me stick to IF more easily than other approaches.I tried low-carb for a bit, but if I was visiting family or friends and there weren't low-carb options available, I would just skip it. I honestly never even tried to say I was going low-carb because I wasn't sure how people would react. So I would slide back into my usual carb-eating.With IF, it's been way easier for me to say, "I'm not eating until noon." And I still get some flak about it, but I don't really mind it. I guess I feel like most of my friends and family roll their eyes at things like keto but for some reason IF is more palatable to them. And it's a more clear boundary, so I don't succumb to the pressure of bending the rules as easily. A lot of diet and nutrition is psychological, so I find it interesting to thin about the social aspect as well.Who have you told and what have the reactions been? Does telling others have an impact on you? via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/GMNJxTK https://ift.tt/4btilYr

Comments