IF really, really works - no more pre-diabetes!


I'm in my late 40s, probably perimenopause and have major insulin resistance (diagnosed with PCOS at 17). I've been fighting with my weight since I was 13. In 2022, my bloodwork showed pre-diabetes and I vowed I'd "eat better" in sort of a vague way and I got on metformin to help. In 2023 my A1C went up to 5.8, still pre-diabetic. 6 months later, I really decided to do something and started 16:8 IF in December 2023 just after Xmas. I've lost 16 lbs, which isn't a lot compared to some here, but more importantly, I have kept it off, and it doesn't feel difficult. I fast 17-18 hours most days and try to get a 20-22 hr fast in once a week. The weight is coming off very, very slowly, but it's WORKING. I've lost several inches and some of my clothes are too big now.I got bloodwork done in March 2024, just a few months after I started fasting and my A1C had only dropped to 5.7, still prediabetic. My NP said the drop was promising and encouraged me to keep going. But holy crap, I just got my results from this week's blood work, and now my A1C is down to 5.4 and that means I'm NO LONGER prediabetic. This really works, y'all. And even my unfasted glucose value was lower than my fasted glucose in March (!!!). Things are happening!I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who's not getting amazing weight loss for IF but keeps plugging along. It does work, I promise! via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/nkCBREw https://ift.tt/2ow0e6X

Comments