Maybe IF Isn’t For Me?


I’ve yo-yo’d in weight over the years and find I get decent results with IF. My typical protocol is 18:6, where my eating window is 12 noon till 6pm. I’m trying to find something that gives consistency and is sustainable. I always exercise early in the morning while fasted. I go between running, lifting in the gym, and road biking. A typical run or bike burns close to 900 calories, according to the app I use. Many days, after a hard workout, I’m feeling really woozy by 10am. Yesterday I did a tempo run that burned 1,050 calories and left me feeling wiped. By noon I had a headache, even though I’d had plenty of water to drink (I consume 4 liters a day). I’ve mentioned this to some friends and they say “you should have a pre and post workout snack, like peanut butter on toast or a banana.” But that would go against my fasting protocol. I’m having results with IF so far, I’ve lost 20lbs in about 12 weeks and I feel great otherwise, but some days, specifically in the late morning after a taxing workout, I feel like crap. As I’ve lost weight my workouts are ramping up in intensity too (faster pace, longer run intervals, all that). During my eating window I eat about 1800-2000 calories, which can be difficult to eat that much in six hours. For context I am a 38 year old male, 5’10” and currently 205lbs (down from 225 when I started). via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/Po9gKCU https://ift.tt/eBDjLWH

Comments

Popular Posts