Breaking a fast after physical labor does the timing actually matter or just total calories for the day

Local routes now so I am home most nights and the schedule is predictable enough to actually test things consistently. The physical side of the job is different from what I expected. Longhaul was sedentary. Local is constant loading and unloading at stops probably 8 to 10 thousand steps by early afternoon without trying. By the time my eating window opens I am running on fumes in a way that longhaul never did to me.The question is whether breaking a fast right after that physical output changes anything meaningful or whether the body just processes the calories the same way regardless of when in the window they land. I have read stuff going both ways on this. One side says postexertion nutrient timing is real and matters for recovery. The other says total daily intake is what drives outcomes and timing within that is noise.What I am actually tracking: weight is moving slowly in the right direction, muscle loss seems minimal based on how strength training sessions feel, but I cannot tell if the afternoon crash I hit around 3pm is a fasting thing or just the labor catching up.Running 16:8. Eating window is roughly noon to 8pm. Job activity happens 6am to 1pm most days.Anyone doing physical labor during their fasted window and noticing a real difference from when they break the fast versus just hitting the same macros spread differently? via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/7YVx2HX
Comments
Post a Comment