bought a size L from the exact guy who told me to shop online instead, 77 lbs later


So back in may of last year I had a job interview come up quick and no jacket that fit me. Ended up at the mall, one of those mid range menswear stores. Guy on the floor gives me a once over before I've touched a single rack and tells me they don't really carry my size in store, says the website is probably my best bet. Small polite smile with it.I still think about that smile.I was 301 at the time , drove home, ordered a 3XL from the parking lot, and went into that interview feeling like nothing at all. Started 16:8 that same night, and it wasn't some big health wake up call or anything, I just never wanted to stand in a store and feel that way again.The method itself was boring as hell, wich is probably why it worked. 16:8 for the first few months, then 18:6 once it stopped being hard, dinner as the main meal, walks at lunch, alot of chicken and rice, no keto arc, no gym montage. I'm at 224 as of friday, down from 301. My window meals land around 2,350 most days, that's my maintenance from the [tdee calculator](https://ift.tt/kUdbuEO), so at this point I'm living here more than cutting.Then last saturday my girlfriend needed something at that same mall, and I spotted the store on the way out and got a stupid idea, so I went in alone. Same guy works there. Fourteen months later, same guy, and I I recognized him instantly while he looked at me like any other customer, zero recognition, wich makes sense because to him I was a 45 second interaction from last spring. The L fit. And I fully admit this part, I stood in that fitting room and rehearsed a line in the mirror like a psycho.Took the jacket to the counter and asked, casual as I could manage, whether they had it in a 3XL anywhere. And he did the exact same speech, apologetic smile included, unfortunately we dont stock extended sizes in store but the website carries them. And I said yeah I know. You told me that fourteen months ago, it's actually why I started. Ill take the L.The guy stood there holding the hanger doing the math on his face, and after a solid few seconds he goes, that was you? Then he rang me up like any other transaction, because honestly what else were either of us supposed to do, and I left.That night I told my girlfriend and my brother, and she thinks it's maybe the greatest thing I've ever done. My brother thinks I spent 80 bucks winning an argument against a retail guy on minimum wage who probably brushes off ten customers a week and remembers none of them. Maybe hes right. The jacket still has the tag on it and I bought a fall jacket in july out of pure pettiness, so make of that what you will. But he remembers one of us now.Anyway if your day one story is dumber than mine, id genuinely love to hear it. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/1yepHj6 https://ift.tt/AFWYbQJ

Comments

Popular Posts