i think ive been rounding my fasting window up for months and only noticed today

Ok so I've been doing 16:8 for about four months now, pretty proud of it honestly. Today I actually checked the real timestamps on my last bite and my first bite instead of trusting my memory, and it turns out my "16 hours" has quietly been more like 14, sometimes 13 on a bad day.Not because I'm cheating exactly. i just round. If i eat at 9:47 I tell myself thats basically 9:30. If I break at 12:10 that's basically noon. And every single time I rounded in the direction that made the number look better, never once did I round DOWN on my fasting hours, which in hindsight is a pretty obvious tell that I wasn't being honest with myself lol.My roommate does OMAD and I used to kind of judge how loose she was about the exact hour, no app, no tracking, just "whenever I get hungry." I thought that was so unserious compared to me, going by the minute like it actually mattered that much. Turns out I was tracking a number that wasn't even real half the time, so who's actually doing this right at this point, her or me?The annoying part is I dont think it changed much physically, I lost close to the same either way these four months. It just means the number I've been telling people (and reddit lol) was never all that accurate. My sister asked last week how many hours I actually fast and I said 16 without even thinking, out of habit, and that's when it hit me I genuinely wasn't sure that was true anymore.it was raining out that day too for some reason i remember that specifically, standing in the kitchen doing math on my phone at 9pm instead of just eating dinner like a normal person, my roommate walked in halfway through and asked why i looked like i was doing taxes.Anyway I started actually screenshotting my first and last bite this week just to see the real number instead of the story I tell myself.Its usually more like 14.5. Still fine I guess. Just not what I thought it was for four months straight. via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/wEFZTI7 https://ift.tt/OKHvGFQ
Comments
Post a Comment