Protein targets and IF — does hitting macros during a short window actually work or am I just fooling myself

Eight months tracking macros consistently. My protein target is around 180g a day, which is on the higher end, but I lift a few times a week and wanted to keep muscle while cutting. That side of things has been working. Now that I'm a few weeks into 16:8, the math is getting uncomfortable. Fitting 180g of protein into an eight hour window means every single meal has to be loaded or I fall short by dinner. On a longer schedule I was grazing across 12 to 14 hours, so it was easy to spread out. Now the window is tight and I'm either forcing a third meal I don't want or I'm hitting maybe 140 to 150g and calling it close enough.What I keep running into when I read about this is conflicting information on whether protein absorption per meal actually has a ceiling, or whether the older research on that is outdated. Some threads say your body handles a large bolus fine. Others say spread it out or you waste it. Nobody links anything useful.If you're running IF with a high protein target above 160g and actually tracking it daily, not estimating, what does your meal structure look like and did your muscle retention hold up? via /r/intermittentfasting https://ift.tt/h52daKB
Comments
Post a Comment